expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Blog Posts, Tom Ford and Haute Couture

My dear followers, 

Kindly excuse me for not posting so much but, I'm writing my thesis and preparing for exams so I'm trying to focus a lot on that, many sleepless nights and coffee. 

I've been getting a little inspiration and motivation from two sources, the designer Tom Ford and Haute Couture, they have become my guilty pleasure, watching documentaries and flicking through lovely photos. 
Fashion Designer Tom Ford
I watched this Tom Ford documentary by OWN - Visionaries too many times, but somehow he gives me such a drive. Some friends who are not into fashion have found this documentary interesting and commented on how impressive Tom Ford is. I recommend this, just watch it, he's a visionary!

Afterwards I lost myself watching another documentary by BBC about Haute Couture, it's such an intriguing and interesting world, something detached from the rest of the fashion world. 
You have to know what it is and what it feels like to appreciate the art form that is Haute Couture.
It takes approximately 150 hours of labour to make one dress, all hand made. 


This is a 4 minute video of the making of a Chanel Haute Couture dress



The Secret World of Haute Couture, you can watch all the documentary on You Tube. 


‘Junon’ - Dress by Chritian Dior - Fall/Winter Haute Couture 1949-50 Stunning! 
I haven't forgotten you, I have so many posts coming up and so many ideas which I hope to be sharing with you very soon.

Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment